Seleted players from the Development Centre (DC) are invited to attend an Academy Centre (AC). This is the next step on England Hockey's "Player Pathway." Berkshire selects boys and girls in all year groups from Under 13 to Under 17 to take part in the ACs. The AC’s consist of ten training sessions run on Friday evenings. They are designed to improve core hockey skills at an individual level and promote team play. The sessions normally last for 90 minutes.
Players are selected from the AC Squads to represent Berkshire against other Counties in the South of England. There are 4 match days per age-group. Matches are played as triangulars (3 teams coming together in one location and playing each other). In 2017, the matches will take place on:
- March 5 - All girls age groups
- March 13 - All boys age groups
- March 19 - U16 and U17 girls and boys
- March 26 - All girls age groups
- April 2 - All boys age groups
- April 23 - All age groups
- May 7 - U13, U14 and U15 girls and boys
Players who show the requisite levels of attitude and ability at the ACs will be nominated to attend the next step on the pathway... a Performance Centre (PC).